View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 10:02 PM

Default License activation suddenly stopped can't open PTs

(UPDATE 11/15) adding support Case Number 04537657

here's the sequence of events directly:
1. at startup, ts apparently trying to activate automatically through Avid link and fails with "Activation Error"
2. then asks "How do you want to activate" I get two options "Avid Link" or "iLok account" I choose ilok and hit next
3. I receive "License Account Login" user ID/Password and hit next
4. then receive "select License to Activate" - "Show locations" where iLok Activations is an option showing my ilok3 then click "done"
5. it returns to "select License to Activate screen" and Next is grayed out. can only press quit.
6. Pro tools won't launch
7. and first activation error is attempting to use avid link to activate resulting in this list of errors. (I have not used or seen avid link in the past as a destination for activation) pro tools would just load per normal studio splash screen.

--------------------------------

11/14
no issues all day, this evening I launched PTs Studio and it suddenly can't locate license to activate. I'm on Catalina, Mac mini, using ilok.

I'm receiving activation error at start up, I hit next and see option to activate Avid Link or ilok. choosing ilok it gets me to show locations where it shows "ilok Activations" hit done, but it won't allow the "next" option. forced quit

I tried to deactivate and activate to cloud, but it doesn't show as an option in "locations" where start up is trying to locate my license.. I decided to update my ptls to 2022.10 thinking wrongly that would help, it did not help. started happening on .06 ..usb ilok appears to be working, its lit and recognized in ilok license manager.

all my licenses are paid and active on my avid account page. currently dead in the water on the absolute worst day possible!

any assist from from Tech before I call in tomorrow would be appreciated
thanks

Last edited by Bobalou; 11-15-2022 at 06:57 PM. Reason: adding support ticket number