View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:08 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M1 support - dec 27th (beta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Well not in this industry, but close. Just for kicks I will present a comparison.

Adobe CC subscription costs 71,33EUR plus VAT on monthly subscription, which means 1061,39EUR yearly with tax included (businesses can claim tax back later). And no betas. Price is from Finland, EU.
You can't honestly be referring to Adobe CC?

...the one with an entire tab dedicated to beta apps?

Obfuscating the testing of software is the thing I most object to. All it would take is a simple check box, whether in an initial Pro Tools load screen or in Avid Link, that allows users to choose between installing/running the most recent, rigorously tested and stable release, or a pre-release beta. If you need to get work done, use the release version. If you want to spend time testing and mucking around with pre-release versions... use the beta.

Users aren't dumb. A lot of software these days has that simple check box tucked out of the way. If people check that box... they know full well what pre-release software entails.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 1.08.47 pm.jpg (38.3 KB, 0 views)
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.