View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Rosetta 2 Questionwill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPizzaMusic View Post
Thanks Ben. I've been concerned more about the remaining plugins I have that aren't M1 compatible yet. Most in my plugin folder are most some still haven't updated.
What do you mean most still have not update in your plugin folder? There are effectively no plugin vendors who have Apple Silicon AAX plugins released. Since Avid has not released support for that yet.

Vendors talking about Apple silicon support in their current plugins products largely means non-AAX plugin types, and if so that is a good sign they will have AAX versions with Apple Silicon support sometime in future.

If you are talking about old plugins from vendors who are not around/not clear if the company is really alive or not, and who have no other plugin versions released with Apple silicon support then you might want to start thinking about alternatives.

While it is technically possible to build a DAW (like done with Logic Pro) to run Intel plugins under Rosetta in a separate process alongside the Apple silicon native DAW and Apple silicon native other plugins I doubt (==guess) Avid should or would do that. All this has been discussed before in other threads.