View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011, 09:58 PM

Default Forum mod & Forum tech support

Alright, it's been talked in the past few weeks of the plan in the embrional idea phase from avid to have people (user) of the forum become more of an officious tech support on this forum. I think it's a great idea but I'm going to push this a bit further.

This forum actually need some forum moderators. Not to be confused with the idea that was mentioned by digitechsprt about having moderators that would do some tech support on an officious level. I wouldn't mix the two at all in this case.

The forum moderators should have the necessary leeways to edit, delete and administrate posts, and ban users if necessary if they break the forum rules. There might be some but I haven't seen any in the time I've been here and a lot of posts in the past few weeks have became flame wars, which should never happen on this forum. I'm sorry but as a customer of Avid and a user of this forum, I deplore the fact that we see too often the wtf... avid scks.. etc childish attitude. Whether or not they are paying customers, they should not be left to post here if they show this attitude. This is not gearslutz after all or even youtube, there are many professionals that comes here and a certain level of decorum should be expected.

Then there would be what was mention in the idea of digitchsuprt (sorry mate I keep mispelling your sig) The Forum tech support. These would be the persons that applied, got trained, and got retained after the training to offer a forum base tech support on the part of avid in a more officious manner. Whether they are paid, or get discounts on avid products that's not something to be discussed here. But the two should not be confused or merged into one group.

Both functions have complete different functions and responsibilities, and should not be mixed together.

Anyhow couldn't find a better place to post this than here, and I hope it will bring some needed changes to make this forum even better than it is now.

Wave-T.com