View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Click Track Idiot-proofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Sherman View Post
I have now, an embarrassing amount of times done this:

1.Hurried bounce to disk, wetransfer, go to work

2.Composer friend emails me that the click track is all over my recording.

I KNOW i'll do this again. Can anyone think of a way of routing the click track so I hear it, but it doesn't go to the bounce if I forget to turn it off.

Thanks in advance, folks.
Without knowing your actual system just guessing in the dark
But I can think of two possible answers .

#1 as noted output the click to it's own channel and feed that physical output to it's own speaker

#2 Or probably better yet rethink you workflow habit and make recording and mixing more or less two different steps/processes , with as little mixing as possible while still recording all the tracks .. And simply make the switch to the mixing process a conscious change in workflow with muting the click track as signaling the start of that second process of mixing . (not to mention, while still recording multiple tracks and using a click, you should get in the habit of intentionally turning off the click and listening to the tracks without it as you go .

Or simply stop force yourself into the advisable habit of stop doing "a hurried bounce " and make muting the click the beginning of the 3 rd bounce process... Because there is never a good reason to hurry .
As the old horse whisperer said " the faster you want it ,,, the slower you go "

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...