View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Do I need a DI box to run into Eleven rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
I have a countryman type 85 active di box and obviously an eleven rack..rack. And mbox pro.
It's clear to me the true-z does little to nothing to the signal to improve or alter the impedance for recording at least for clean presets. I dont use distortion fx so for them I cannot say. I would imagine it caters more to that type of sound than clean but anyway..

My question is simply if I ran a di box into an eleven rack input will the signal be altered in any way. In other words will the eleven rack mess up the di box signal.

My second question is if I run the output of eleven rack (essentially amp out) into my di box (with guitar-in eleven obviously) will I get a purer tone than the above given the di box is last on the chain?

Thanks.
No and no. As in no don't do either. For input, the Eleven Rack really will not need any more gain. For output, you never run a low impedance signal into a DI box, that is the reverse of what they are designed to do. Just not ever any reason to do either of these things, and they won't help you "get a clean tone".

Start by getting the clean tone you want with the Eleven Rack live and then try recording that either with the Eleven Rack as the interface or going out via S/PDIF into the MBox Pro.. The Eleven Rack can produce some nice clean tones. With all this talk about DIs etc. I'm guessing you are focusing on trying to record and use the dry guitar signal and if so that is likely the cause of problems you are having. Get focused on a good clean wet guitar signal from the Eleven Rack.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-14-2017 at 01:00 AM.