View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 12:02 PM

Default Fast Track c400 issues (help)

Hello avid forum! I bought this audio interface a while a go and I keep having this issue with it, its very frustrating...
The model is: M-Audio|Fast Track C400
So the interface works like a charm, it records, the outputs work as well, the knobs everything! The problem is, after I quit a game or after I quit ableton, after I close a movie, etc. My sound cuts off and I cant get anything to work again (it feels like it crashes after I use an application that uses sound). This will happen 3-4 times a day. To fix this issue I have to right click on the sound icon in the bottom right of the screen, then click playback devices>right click on the "Speakers" (my default audio device-the c400)>click disable, then enable it again and the sound works! Sometimes it doesnt work like that, after a crash when I click on the playback devices option the window wont open so I have to restart my PC to get it working again. I tried every Avid driver for the c400, I'm currently using the latest one released in January 2014 I think but none of these drivers seem to work for me, I have this problem all the time. And its not about the pc either, I tried it on multiple pc's and usb ports and they all crash like this.
I have usb 2.0 and 3.0 drivers installed and all. I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ( I tried working with windows 8 64bit as well but its the same)
Is this a general problem with the C400? What should I do?
Thanks In advance!