View Single Post
Old 07-07-2022, 03:10 PM

Default Re: keeping mixer view open

After many years of using the dual display setup for seeing both edit and mix windows all the time, I've now found that all PT windows on one screen works better for me. I can switch between edit and mix with a mouse click because I let some of the mix window show at the top and some of the edit window show at the bottom.

I have one 50" tv that I use when standing up in the middle of the room (kinda my sweetspot) using my controllers more than the mouse, and beneath that a 32" that I use when sitting down for more detail for mousing around, editing, setting up stuff. Also it's color calibrated for photo editing.

The reason I have all PT windows on one display is that it's easy to hit 'mission control' (F3), grab the PT icon and drag it to the other display, and all PT windows follow neatly*. I find it much tidier than my old way with dragging separate windows to different displays and manually organizing it.

*'Group application windows' in system prefs, mission control, has to be enabled for this to work.

Of course, this is on mac. I don't know about windows.