View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 09:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: More Carbon Sync Issues...Must Get Solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hepworth View Post
It's truly maddening. I have a ticket open as well. Got quick reach out from AVID, which I appreciate, but it's been kind of lumped with some other similar tickets and I don't think the session I sent will be examined.

They did have one suggestion that makes sense, but is impossible to work with - don't have any aux getting signal from anything that's not hybrid enabled when anything hybrid enabled is feeding it. Not possible. There are only 54 hybrid outs available...

For anyone else: is the recording visually off-time in the timeline? Mine are between 1200 and 1900 samples early. Every take. I'll throw a little bit more time at it after my next session tonight, but then I have all-day sessions tomorrow and I'm super stressed about it. Everything is out of time.

After tomorrow I will either have a workaround pinned down, or the Carbon is out. I can't afford throwing extra hours at it and the performers feeling like they play like **** because it's so out of time every playback.

My setup is pretty straight forward - main, plus a headphone mix system fed from auxes.
Hi Matt,

We're currently investigating this issue and may have found a better workaround. Will you go to I/O Setup > Output and assign the Audition Path to either 'none' or to a hardware output other than MON L-R? I'm assuming MON L-R is your main monitor path here.

If that doesn't resolve it, will you also set the AFL/PFL path to 'none' if that's currently set to a hardware output?

Let me know if that helps. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2021-12-14 at 9.56.00 AM.jpg (33.4 KB, 0 views)
Berkeley, CA