View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 08:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2021?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
All good points, but I don't know if any of that was related to MIDI production. And why composers still have a soft spot for Logic, and mixers stick with PT. As someone who's gig is split between the two tasks, neither is the perfect solution. Each has its merits. Logic, however, seems to have more potential to become the perfect product. In general, it feels closer. Adopt some of these things we've been talking about and presto.
I was split between two sequencers until Pro Tools 8. I don't feel like Pro Tools has really advanced a ton in the MIDI world since Pro Tools 8 (unless you count Freeze and commit as a MIDI feature), but Pro Tools 8 was a huge update for me and I do TONS of MIDI work in Pro Tools with lots of 3rd party instruments ever since. Everybody loves to poke fun of Pro Tools MIDI, but I honestly don't feel crippled by it at all and I actually enjoy working with MIDI in Pro Tools.

Logic definitely seems to add its much longer list of features every few months or so, but as it is currently, for me, I would much rather do the whole process (composing with MIDI, arranging, recording, mixing, mastering) in Pro Tools than in Logic.

I have my long list of things I'd love to see Pro Tools improve on, but I feel that when it comes to the bread and butter (often boring) features, Pro Tools wins hands down for me over other sequencers.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio