View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 04:55 AM

Default Eleven Rack Editor crashes Windows

Hi everybody,

I recently completed a new computer build running Windows 10 64-bit (Educational edition). Hardware is new i5-10400 processor on an ASUS Z490-P motherboard, 32GB RAM. I also upgraded Pro Tools to the new 2020 version.

I also have a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 and Eleven Rack interfaces.

When doing my recent clean install of Windows, I've had repeated issues trying to install the Eleven Rack editor: after completing the install process ("You need to restart your machine to complete the install..."), the system fails to reboot, never making it past the 1st few seconds of the reboot. I get a blue screen informing me that Windows failed to boot, and that it will try and repair itself. It fails to do so, and if I try and repair windows, it eventually has to resort to a clean install again.

The Eleven Rack is running Firmware 2.0.1 (expansion pack). I've installed the latest drivers (1.1.11), and installed the expansion pack software (omitting the firmware upgrader, since I already the most up-to-date version).

Using a Macrium Reflect disc image (after ONLY windows install), I've done this perhaps 6-7 times now. I've tried the Eleven Rack Editor first (after drivers, etc.), I've tried installing after installing Pro Tools and accompanying Plug ins (with PACE, iLok software, so I don't think that's the issue with the Editor). All other drivers for motherboard are up-to-date. No pirated software or cracked plug-ins.

Previous build running same Windows software (10, 64-bit, Edu ed.) on a i5-4th gen with Pro Tools 10 had no problems with the editor. Eleven Rack is otherwise 100% functional (current Pro Tools uses it with full functionality)

Any ideas?