View Single Post
Old 03-25-2002, 10:13 AM

Default OT:I do realize this will likely never get an answer...but it did, Thank You

so thank you everyone for reading it anyway.

I have a potential client who has a Korg D1600 16 track digital recorder. It's one of those studio in a box things for those who are unfamiliar. He wants to be able to track the scratch tracks to every song on his Korg unit and transfer them to PT's to track the drums and main instruments here. Is there anybody out there who owns or is familiar with this piece of equipment?? The guy who owns it is kind of a recording idiot and he can't answer my questions. I need to know the following things:

1.) Is it possible to export the bare audio tracks onto CD using the internal CDR on the D1600 so they can be imported into PT's? I have found out from Korg's website that the unit records 16/24 bit 44.1 wav files. He lives far away and will travel here to record. He wants to send me the disks so I can set up the sessions before hand.

2.) Does the Korg CDR drive burn in HFS+ format so my Mac can read the CD's??

3.) Does anybody know where I can find a Korg D1600 forum on the web??

Some problems I have recently discovered are that the D1600 only has a lightpipe S/PDIF I/O so even if he were to fly out with his unit we would have to record tracks into PT's two at a time and sync them up to each other. This scenario is something I would love to avoid. Does anyone here have any suggestions??

Thank you kindly for your help.