View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Default TC CL1B Won't load to right Chip - no sound

Has anyone else seen a problem with the TC Electronic CL1B TDM plugin. It plays fine at 48K or 44K sample rate sessions, but on higher rate sessions, like 96K, there is no sound when the plug installed. Sound returns when the plugin is removed from the track.

To test, I created a new empty 96K session and started adding tracks and CL1B instances one at a time. I watched the system resource window and found the plugin gets loaded into the first available DSP slot and doesn't roll over to the Accel card until the core and process cards get loaded with CL1B first. The instance shows 0%.

I kept adding instances and it started to work ok when I got to the 3rd slot of the Accel card. If I recall correctly, the Accel has 2 chips (probably the first in order) that are the same as the DSP on the process cards, and 7 chips with more DSP power. I'm guessing only the bottom 7 slots in the resource window have DSP that is compatible with the CL1B DSP requirements.

I'm wondering if there's a bug between TCElectronic and PT on why the plugin doesn't know to only load into the last 7 slots of the Accel card when the sessions is running at higher sample rate, or maybe I have sw error. I tried reloading and upgrading all sw, but still has the problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Neil

G5 10.4.11 OS X
PTHD 7.4cs8
TCElectronic CL1B 1.1.0.28