View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 AM

Default Re: Notation/Score editor unusable with large scoring templates

Quote:
Originally Posted by dterry View Post
...Sibelius [PT8+] notation integration is a great concept, and works on a rather small, limited scale, but cannot be used in a typical film scoring setup -- which is where it is needed most...
The score feature added in PT8 is what re-ignited my interest. I am considering buying the cross-grade from Finale to Sibelius, but I wonder if you might be more specific when you state "small, limited scale."

I will be hardwiring a Win7 64 SP1 machine with PT10HD to another stand-alone Win7 64 SP1 machine running Kontakt 5.01. In that config, Kontakt supports 64 independent MIDI channels (four MIDI ports). I do not envision the 200 MIDI tracks situation you have encountered, but a ceiling is still a ceiling and it would be good to know about it.

I have two other systems running Logic, and one of those is hardwired and synced to a PC...with an archaic Gigastudio setup running under WinXP SP3. I am trying to ditch that, as GS3 is no longer supported. I am aware of VEP, but already have all the syncs, master clocks, ADAT ports, cables, etc., to do the necessary multi-computer hardware connections. HDX is not an option for me at this time, as I am skeptical of the one super-computer running DAWs and samplers in a virtual rewiring setup. But it does appear to be very popular with others possessing $30,000 or more to invest and who are either not concerned with it ever failing, or can afford two or more similar setups in the event of a melt-down.