View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 03:21 AM

Default Re: MIDI Timing on PT LE

Quote:
Originally posted by krazee:
So I was forced towards Logic Audio against my will. i was afraid of the learning curve...but boy AM I GLAD i made this step...It only looks difficult...but it's just a matter of getting used to it. now (3 months later) i find it very easy, powerfull, midi timing is rock solid, audio kicks ass. the other day i was running 50 stereo audio tracks on my dual 500 using a DIGI001+digidrive...
if i would run 50 stereo tracks in cubase ...my puter would probably just explode...!
but in logic...flawless...doesn't crash on me...when i hit start in logic , the 50 stereo tracks just start...and i don't have to wait for 5 seconds before it starts playing like in cubase.
like i said...i tried Vision , cubase, digital performer, pro tools, but the one that touched me and i think Apple too is Emagic logic audio platinum...
Don't misunderstand me...i love digidesign's stuff. i love my digi001 and i love pro tools software. but i don't like the limited track count and the weak midi timing. but hey..let's see what the future will bring us.-)
Hope i was of any help.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks for the advise, that confirms what I've mostly heard. Curious to know though how you managed to transfer your work from PT format to Logic ? Is it transparant ? Did you use a dedicated translator that came with Logic (like the one with performer, I can't recall the name) ? I'm affraid the songs I did may stay just as they are, part of the pre historical life of the chapter "music on computers". I suppose people can hear the mix I've made and know what it is about without being too critical on the "production".

I'm probably going to make that move in September. Kowing Pro tools is not a bad thing (I've spend a lot of reading and trying). But that three months period to get logic steady got me nervous.

Recording midi to tighen the mix is not working for me. Having worked on MPC you know what I mean. I DEMAND that the music comes out right as soon as I record it right. Not after time reajustment.

Best regards