View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Is the screen Redraws feeling sluggish to anybody else

I get the frustration that Rectifried is experiencing. I've been using Protools for about 17 years and honestly must admit that Avid (and Digidesign prior to that) are among the slower companies to catch up to the perpetual changes that Apple puts out. Some have blamed it on an older code base that is difficult to update, but total rewrites have been done and still this persists. Some have blamed it on the original programmers having left the company and new developers inheriting the code base, but adequate time for new developers to become proficient with the code base has passed. Suffice it to say that the Protools system is complex and test efforts take much longer than many other applications. As I said earlier, it is what it is. If you like the workflow of Protools (the main reason people stick with Protools) then you end up living with the slow pace of compatibility to Apple's march forward. If that is unacceptable, there are many excellent DAWs available if you are willing to adopt their workflow. Logic is an Apple product and enjoys the most rapid compatibility path to Apple's changes. Some other DAWs have been rewritten to newer code bases and may be quicker to make changes as Apple releases updates. Choose what works for you.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1

Last edited by Obsidian Dragon; 10-15-2021 at 06:21 PM.