View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 08:05 PM

Default Re: How to Open Pro Tools 10 Session in Pro Tools 2021.7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
If you have a Perpetual License, it will open PT 10, just have the iLok with the license plugged into the computer with PT10 on it. A Subscription License will not authorize PT10.
Thank you for your advice! Yes, I purchased a PT 10 Perpetual license back in 2012 for my iMac mid-2011 (still running Lion 10.7.3) and haven't updated since. But in late 2020, I was able to purchase the now hard-to-find Reinstatement deal (I believe this is the last one where a new Perpetual license is issued for the Reinstatement instead of the current default to Subscription reinstatement) for future use and have only decided to install this August 2021 when I got my Mac M1 Mini. I'll try your iLok recommendation! I hope though that my old iMac will be compatible with the iLok 3. This, I have yet to research on. Thank you so much for your advice!

ADDITIONAL/EDIT: Apologies for this question as I'm not so well-versed on the technical side: When you say that I can just plug the iLok with the PT 2021 license on the computer with my old PT 10, does this mean that I would not have to reinstall PT 10 on that old computer for the new PT 2020 iLok license to recognize it? I'm guessing that it will just auto-recognize/register/validate as long as I'm online?

Last edited by Spoil the Child; 08-27-2021 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Incomplete question