View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 02:07 PM

Default Re: MBox Pro 3 CoreAudio Manager says (HW not found), but...

I am having the same problem where coreaudio is not recognizing my new mbox pro. I have clean uninstalled and reinstalled up to 10.3.4 a couple of times.
I am running a2008 imac 24' 2.8ghz with 4gb RAM snow leopard 10.6.8
my mbox pro has package1.1.3 and firmware1.0.3

its working fine in protools 10.3.4 and is correctly recognized and working in my mac's audio midi and sound preferences for itunes safari etc, but the coreaudio program is giving me the unsupported device and HW not found message. No 3rd party applications (garage band and line 6 gear box) are getting any sound from my mbox pro at all. The mbox pro control panel seems to be working fine and shows i am getting signal to it but wont give me any 3rd party software to work

I tried the install of the driver first then protools again and have scoured the avid site trying to figure this out can anyone offer any more help than whats here already?

2:46 pm Update
I did one more clean uninstall of both protools and Mbox pro drivers and i am now getting sound to all of my 3rd party apps although the core audio still has the unsupported device and HW not found message. I have achieved what I needed without the coreaudio!!!!!!! Nice thank you for you advice