View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 10:30 AM

Default PTE & Yosemite

Hi. I'm a new user to the Avid community, just got my Fast Track Duo today.

Unfortunatly I was so naive that it never even crossed my mind, that a software 2015 would not be compatible to the latest OS.

And all it says here: http://www.avid.com/US/products/Mbox...cludedSoftware is that it works with 10.7, 10.8.

I bet you $5 that you cannot find a software producer anywhere, that list compatible OS's like that, not mentioning that 10.9 and forward is NOT supported.

So you can easily say that I wasted 200€ on a USB soundcard, without the promised software.

I feel like I've been tricked into buying something I cannot use, and since I bought it from thomann.de (they are not disclaiming the lack of OS compability) I cannot return my product without paying half of it in return-fee.

I have no need what so ever of the full version of Pro Tools. I bought it only to get the Express version.

Now I ask you for 2 things.

First of all, update your website so other people doesn't fall in the same pit. Make it clear that It won't support ANYTHING beyond 10.8. I'm fairly sure that most new customers have upgraded their computers in the last 3 years.

Second, could you please, please, help me out here? It feels really bad having spent 200€ on something I cannot use.

Best regards,
Johan