View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 06:36 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Flex Renaming Back To Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarabozo View Post
What exactly are you taking about?

I'm on the Ultimate plan from last year, paid with BF discount, and yes, I was migrated to Flex automatically.

But I don't have a renewal coming for $399. If I let it auto-renew or try to renew it manually, it will be $599.

I was waiting for this year's BF to renew, but there's no discount offer on Flex/Ultimate this year.

I'm going to let that expire and get a subscription for Pro Tools Studio instead, which is just $199 with the current discount. I was paying for Ultimate for the track count and the sorround channels, but that's all now in the Studio plan, so I really don't even need Ultimate anymore.
Simple I am talking about exactly what I said ::
For those of who have stayed current with our Ultimate Perpetual License NOTHING has changed the 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan RENEWAL is $399

Perhaps it just a second language issue. BUT There isn't anything called an "Ultimate plan", from last year or any other year...

There are only two types of license situations and they are completely different situations ::

There is the annual renewal fee of a Current Perpetual License = 1-Year Software Updates + Support Plan RENEWAL = $399

OR there is the Ultimate annual SUBSCRIPTION (which did switch to the name Flex but is now switched back and called Ultimate again ) and is now Priced @ $599

IF you do not have a RENEWAL of Update/Support Plan option in your account, AND the name of what ever you did last year,, switched to the name "Flex"----- Then it was a SUBSCRIPTION that you purchased last year and was NOT a RENEWAL of the Perpetual license Annual Software Support/Upgrade Plan and probably why you do not know what I was talking about .

As you can see in my account I have two options I can renew my current "Perpetual license" Update and Support Plan for $399 (RED arrow ) Which has been the same price for a number of years now and has not changed. And is what I was "talking about"

Or I could purchase a 1 year SUBSCRIPTION for $599 (GREEN arrow) which sounds like what you are talking about. (Which is not a Perpetual license but is simply a 1 year RENTAL of the Pro Tools Ultimate software)

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 11-22-2022 at 07:28 PM.