View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Flex Renaming Back To Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
I think it is a very good choice to go with not renaming for flashy marketing, and I totally share the sense long-term users have to feel deserving of their bugs getting actual fixes.
The tragedy is that the marketing isn't even flashy!! Most of the local fast food joints around here push the same whole exclusivity 'inner circle' marketing nonsense to pedal cheap pizzas on Friday and Saturday nights. It is ALARMING that a CEO of a tech company on a 7 figure salary package let fast food marketing anywhere near their top tier 'industry standard' professional product...

It is ridiculous. It is beyond ridiculous. I really don't know what Avid is trying to achieve with all this constant rebranding nonsense. We are audio engineers. It is relatively easy to keep us happy. Kill the bugs, and focus on bringing value and improvement to the core product. Ain't rocket science! Nobody ever purchased Pro Tools LE because it came with Ableton Lite, and ain't nobody subscribing to Pro Tools Ultimate because of an offer for a few free plugins in lieu of actually doing something productive with the features and plugins already included (or missing!) in Pro Tools.

Someone really needs to drop a memo on the CEO's desk. The younger generation stand to make more money from trash talking Pro Tools in Youtube videos than they ever will from actually using Pro Tools. This dude alone has probably netted about $2k in a month from a 5.5 minute video. It really doesn't matter how much money Avid pour into trying to pursue a cool-kid-social-media-influencer vibe in their marketing, it is only going to double down on the perception that Avid is out of touch until they sort out the issues and lack of innovation with their core products and pricing. The younger generations are just way to perceptive. They value the opinions of their Avid despising friends more than anything else, and they are very apt at figuring things out on their own.

The whole marketing approach is cringe-worthy. Pro Tools used to be venerable. Like a Gibson Les Paul, or an American USA Strat donned by your favourite guitarist. It used to be something to aspire to. Now it is the butt of most industry jokes...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.