View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 AM

Default Re: MIDI notes randomly don't play, although visible in the clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ripley View Post
If you sightly shorten the duration of the notes, do the missing notes come back? Is it possible that you have some overlap? (a note-off command that occurs slightly after the note-on?)
Tim, exactly! I have tried this and shortening the notes makes adjacent notes play properly.. However, all these notes have been trimmed to the grid, so there should be no overlap. Overlap is also not apparent from the MIDI event list, which I checked. Something must be very wrong for Protools to decide that these notes actually overlap. Your info may be a good hint towards finding the root cause!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushpig View Post
Hi All,

I am still on PTHD 10.3.10 and I get this all the time. It only seems to happen when a part is playing as separate Clips and where the first note of the next Clip, plays the same note as the last note of the Clip before (like you would normally experience when you've got an overlapped note cutting off the beginning of the next as correctly illucidated by Tim R above).

If anyone discovers a fully repeatable scenario to produce this bug, I'd be very intersted to help troubleshoot.
Steve, thanks for your input! I can confirm that it's definitely not instrument or VI-specific as it happens with many instruments here, including external MIDI keyboards and synths.