View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Documentation Folder updates

Hmmm, not sure, but I have 1 question/concern; Are you putting your sessions into your documents folder(this is the default setting)? I would change that(use the Prompt for Location option for new sessions). Just my opinion, but, assuming your system drive is an SSD, I would create a new folder for all your sessions and back that folder up as a separate item. My reasons are:
1-So your session backups are kept separate(there are a few reasons why this would be my choice), though I don't know if this will affect your direct issue.
2-I just prefer some things to be separated.
3-I would also be backing up your system(separate from your sessions).

With this in mind, I would also move current sessions to the new "Sessions" folder. Of course, all of this also assumes you have only the single SSD. With non-SSD or multiple drives, I might choose to do this differently.

But wait, there's more If you are creating your own Session Templates and Track Presets(and by all means, you should), keep copies of those somewhere else than the Documents folder(an external drive is a good choice). Why? Because every time you install Pro Tools, it will install all the stock(and mostly useless) stuff, which you can feel free to delete immediately after the install(along with maybe deleting Avid Link as well)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave