View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Carbon and Windows 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
What blows my mind even more with refusal to do windows support, even if Avid had to come out with their own avb card or actually include thunderbolt support. is that..

the m1 chip, can't even go above 16 gb of ram.. and no external gpu of any kind.

The gpu is less a problem for audio guys, but 16 gb of ram limitation and no sings (or rumors) of apple working on expanding the ram support for the next version of the cpu...

so Avid again, shooting themselves in the foot.
To clarify not currently having Windows support is NOT " refusal to do windows support" those are two entirely different concepts.

That said this statement and no sings (or rumors) of apple working on expanding the ram support for the next version of the cpu..." means ,,,,more RAM ,, then it seems they will be including more RAM

According to the this MacRumors article https://www.macrumors.com/2021/05/24...e-of-new-macs/
The next-generation Apple silicon chip will also apparently support up to 64GB of memory, compared to the current maximum of 16GB. This would be in line with the current Intel-based 16-inch MacBook Pro, which is available with up to 64GB of RAM.

For me If I had a PC but was definitely wanting to get a Carbon (unless my system was no longer working) I would simply wait. Because Avid could come up with something..... Or by the end of the year (the consensus rumor) Apple will bring out a new Mac mini with the upgraded M2 chip which could be a viable lesser priced alternative to either iMac or Macbook Pro ???

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 06-18-2021 at 06:43 AM.