View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM

Default PT lags after 9073 error

Hey all,

I searched some of the other related threads for the 9073 error, and didn't find anything that quite pertained to the issue I ran into. Short version:

Was multitracking a band, and was just letting PT run right through. I will come right out and say that no, I was not recording to an external drive, and I understand that's where I messed up. 40 minutes into a 2-hour set, I got the lovely 9073 message. Few attempts later, still getting the 9073.

However, after the initial 9073 error, I found that any other command I tried to execute took a LONG time to even register with the system. As in, master record arming, trying to access any of the toolbars, windows, etc. I would try a command, I would see the beach ball, and about five minutes later PT (or my system?) would respond. This occurred even after a restart and full shut down. I understand that the 9073 error would arise from insufficient hard drive, but I'm not understanding why Pro Tools all of a sudden was dragging arse.

Computer specs:
Late 2008 Macbook Pro 15"
2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
250GB HD
OSX 10.7.4
Pro Tools 10.0.0

Inside PT, buffer size set to 1024 samples, buffer level 2. 2 cores, 90% processor usage.

Hardware:
2x Profire2626 (linked via ADAT1)

I updated Pro Tools, but don't currently have any gigs lined up, so I won't be able to see if I can let it run for another hour tracking 10 lines. Anybody know if this was simply a 10.2 fix, or something a bit deeper? Thanks.

MGA