Thread: Too Many Tracks
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Too Many Tracks

Hopefully this helps:

Increased Voice, Track and I/O Limit For Pro Tools Ultimate and Pro Tools Standard
The big news here is that for software-only Pro Tools systems, both Ultimate and Standard, the I/O limit has been raised from 32 to 64. This removes a long-standing source of complaint from many users. HDX and HD Native users (meaning the hardware HD Native PCIe card or Thunderbolt box) and users of Avid’s live sound products have previously been the only people who can exceed 32 inputs and outputs. While still restricted to 64 I/O, there will be far fewer scenarios in which the I/O limit presents an issue than would be the case at 32 I/O.

Another benefit to Non HDX users is that the track limit for Pro Tools Standard has been doubled to 256 and importantly all of those tracks are fully voiced at all sample rates. Users of standard Pro Tools systems don’t have to think in terms of voices. They have 256 tracks, mono or stereo.

As previously reported, with the huge upgrade that is the Hybrid Engine the voice count of Pro Tools Ultimate has been increased over 5x to 2048 voices. That’s 2.6 times the voices available in an HDX3 system. This Voice upgrade is a massive increase for all users, regardless of the system they currently have.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1