View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: Bass-clef turns to treble-clef in Piano score

Dear Jan,

Many thanks for your message. The first thing to check (and I guess you've done this already, but just to be sure) is that you're running the latest edition of Scorch, which is version 1.0.3. You can do this from the App Store app on your iPad.

I will address your other queries in turn:

I will enquire with my product manager on the issue of the changing clefs - it does sound like a bug but I must admit I was under the impression that we had fixed most of the issues like this.

I can't reproduce the keypad issue that you described. When I go to the sign in dialog, I tap on the 'E-mail Address' text box and the keypad appears. Is this not the case for yourself?

When you say you cannot change instruments, what process are you going through to try it? You should be able to tap and hold (in theory at least!) on the stave you wish to change, and then tap the change instrument button.

As for the crashes, usually these are caused by the iPad raising a low memory warning. This is to ensure the usability of the iPad; when an app receives this warning then it has less than 2 seconds to quit before iOS kills it. Unfortunately this means that when loading larger scores, it reduces the apparent stability of the app. We're working hard to reduce the overall memory footprint of Scorch for a future version.

Thanks for your feature suggestions - I know that the set lists feature is definitely on our wish list. I will make sure our development team is aware of the others; keep them coming!

Best wishes,

Joe Pearson