View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 04:38 PM

Default Random Scrolling / PageUp in Edit Window

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's starting to drive me insane. I'll be in the middle of a session and the edit window will snap to the top of the window (like if you pressed the PageUp key on your keyboard).

If I just leave PT alone and watch it for a few minutes, it will jump up 8 tracks ON IT'S OWN. For instance, if I have 20 tracks (for the sake of argument we'll call them DIAL_1, DIAL_2, etc...), if I have DIAL_20 selected after some time the edit window will automatically select DIAL_12 (8 tracks up). If I continue to leave it alone it will jump up and select DIAL_4 (again, 8 tracks).

The only thing I can compare it to is, when I select "BANK" on my Presonus Faderport 8 and use the rotary knob, Pro Tools will select and link 8 tracks. So if I have DIAL_1 selected, press the BANK button on the Faderport, and turn the rotary knob clockwise one click, it will choose the next 8 tracks (DIAL_9 - DIAL_16), if I turn it one more click it will display the next 8 tracks (DIAL_17 - DIAL_24).

I thought that maybe my Faderport was the culprit and thought maybe it needed a software update, however when I turned it off the problem continued. I'm stumped by this... does anyone have any suggestions, or experiencing the same issue???

Also, if I select one of the top tracks (ie. DIAL_1) and scroll down so I can't see DIAL_1 anymore and sit and wait, Pro Tools snaps to the top of the edit window (to whatever track is selected).

The problem is more of a nuisance than anything. As simple as the problem is, it's driving me mad!

A little about my setup:

PT 12.4
DIGI003
Windows 7
Eight-core PC
32GB DDR3 RAM
Presonus Faderport 8