View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 04:06 PM

Default Re: corrupt audio files PT 8.0.3

I know ... this thread started a looooong time ago.

And I know ... there are not many people like me left working on PT 8 :)

I do, because I use a lot of different DAW's and Setups in my studio, incl. 3 MacPro's on different Systems etc, and do not want to dump my very stable HD 3 on PT 8 (plus my heaps of TDM plugins I would lose updating to AAX etc). So far, NEVER a major problem, Snow leopard, ProTools 8, I'll stick to it on this machine until the bitter end

But then a VERY VERY important WAV file was currupted, the icon thing etc (like described in this thread from 2010)

Anyway - this is a HUGE shoutout to Rail (if he is still on this forum ?) - who programmed this "wav fixer" ... which has just SAVED ME.

After many many years this bug popped up the first time in my (pro-Tools - ) life.
And -of course- on an absolutely unique vocal take.

The singer went home, VERY frustrated. It was absolutely impossible to reapeat this take, we tried for 2 hours. It was one of these magic moments. unique.

And then. after 2 nightmare hours... almost giving up this WAV file... I found this old old old thread ... downloaded the "wav fixer"... and WOW. File fixed within 10 seconds. vocals back. Just called the singer ... he jumped around in the bedroom waking his wife, kids, and dog... but no prob. The take is back !

Wave fixer saved us

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RAIL, you are my hero of the month.

Hard: ProTools HD 3, PCI-e core & accel, 96 I/O, 192 digital I/O, HD MADI / Sync I/O (not sync HD)
Quad-Core Mac, Intel