View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Is an SC-48 Overkill?

Is it overkill? In a word..... how can something that offers a phenominal sound quality be overkill? By the way where are you purchasing your Venue console from? There are some really good dealers out there, and quite a few that aren't to be honest in terms of support......

The SC48 is way more expensive than the other boards for certain, but it's in a whole other league in features as well as sound quality. I'm a big fan of the Venue line of consoles, use a DShow myself. I've used nearly every console out there and none sound as good as the Venue in terms of clarity, even the SC48. Really, the SC48 is a smaller version with the same sound quality. But the advantage to have TDM plugins, although only 20-of them, is a HUGE HUGE HUGE advantage. You really won't know how awesome that is until you use them, get used to them, and then don't have them. Using REVIBE for live verb or having several channels of 1176, it's incredible. I recently was helping to run sound for Casting Crowns, we used an SC48 for FOH.