View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 deleted my files!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kourquie View Post
I was doing some drum editing today. I duplicated the playlist and consolidated all of the drum files. I was listening down fine, and everything was normal. When I started using Beat Detective and scrubbing to find the transients, all of a sudden I got an error message that said "unable to find volume". After that, the selection turned black, and one of regions was extended the length of the session.

After that, I quit and restarted. I opened the session, and now all of the newly consolidated files are missing. Nothing was running in the background, and there was nothing out of the ordinary...it just deleted my files. VERY SCARY AND SHOULD BE LOOKED AT BY AVID!
To be honest... you should be more concerned about your drives failing than pointing the blame at Pro Tools.

"Unable to find volume" sounds far more like a disk error than anything else. Are you sure the files are missing completely? Have you poked around the regions list or audio folder?

At this point... I would be more concerned about backing up what you have, and putting in a new disk. If you're on a Mac, run Verify disk and see what happens.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515