View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Avid Complete Plugin Bundle...renewal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
The Complete Plugin Bundle is only ever a subscription. It was part of your support/renewal plan for your perpetual Pro Tools license. The Complete Plugin bundle has never itself been perpetual, there literally is not a perpetual license you can buy for that bundle... When your support/renewal plan lapses the bundle license goes away. You can purchase a separate subscription to that bundle for $49/year. Not a bad deal.

This has always been stated in the Avid store, it's *very* clearly stated in the store now, and has been discussed a lot on DUC so I'm not sure how you can search for and find anything telling you otherwise.

You are aware of the possible long term risk of letting you Ultimate support plan/update expire? That you may not be able to purchase an update in future? At a minimum I'd buy a reinstatement from a licensed reseller that would let you renew this in future.
If I remember well, some time ago Avid scrapped re-instatements, even though they were sometimes available from resellers. Hopefully re-instatements will continue, but what if Avid decides to finally stop them? It's obvious that their ideal model would be only subscriptions... BTW, aren't the plugins in the complete bundle available for sale? I believe that would then make the ownership perpetual? Maybe unupgradable...