View Single Post
Old 12-16-2001, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Soft SampleCell + ATTO Problem

Ok - more details

OS9.2.2 base extension set + DIGI stuff - SSC would not start if I had my scsi drives going.

Stripped down the base set to the minimum - no internet, Iomega, coloursync, discburner, printing etc, etc.

OK, it now loads with the scsi drives on. Add back my midi stuff - OMS, freemidi, mptav usb etc. Still OK.

Add back Miro DC30+ drivers - STOPS working.

At this point I now find that SSC will run with either Miro drivers installed OR scsi drives on, but NOT both. Puting a space in front of the SSC extension name so it loaded earlier didn't help at any point.

Went back to OS9.2.1 where I had SSC working flawlessly before and I'm having the same problems. This leads me to expect that it's Atto/PCI related - the only other thing I've changed by erasing the drives.

I originally erased the drives using Apple's Erase Disc from the Special Menu. I wasn't sure whether this was right with regard to the drivers so I re-erased them using the ExpressPro-Tools 2.3.2 App and installed their drivers. I now have 6 partitions on each drive -

#1 Apple_partition_map 50.0kb
#2 Apple_Driver43 500.0kb
#3 Apple_HFS_ATTO 2.0kb
#4 ATTO_Options 0.5kb
#5 ATTO_SharedDatabase 10.0kb
#6 Apple_HFS 17.09GB

I seem to remember there having been an FWB driver in this list before. All other Atto settings are as per Technical FAQ's.