Thread: Pro Tools Flex
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:26 AM

Default Re: Protools Flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post
So far, for me the bug fixes have been huge. I have struggled with the past 4 versions of Pro Tools. Even though I am still getting several crashes, many annoying issues I am so sick of are resolved in this update. For me, it feels a tad snappier working with MIDI. I would always rather get bugs fixed and resolved over new features. The new keyboard shortcuts window has been a huge help in being able to blacklist some of the keys I accidentally hit all the time (“N” for example).
Well, spoken about MIDI and automatic delay compensation, that's still a disaster. I work a lot with arpeggiated MIDI patches, being it an arp-patch in Omnisphere or a Session guitarist patch in Komplete Kontrol. When I don't commit that to audio, it runs compleeeeetely out of sync once there are plugins with quite some plugin-delay in the Pro Tools session.

Same goes for every plugin that needs midi-bpm sync, like xfer LFO Tool, soundtoys tremolator, waves one knob pumper, sugar bytes effetrix etc. They only work when they are on the first insert slot. Put a plugin with plugin-delay above them and the whole thing is out of sync.

Pro Tools is the only DAW I've worked with that has this delay compensation issue. Not so fun to produce music with for me.