View Single Post
Old 02-28-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Re: PC user here, but for how long?

If you're getting into video, I'd definitely check out the real time card DV STorm2...nothing like it on the Mac for DV...as far as I know.
5 layers of video with no rendering, unlimited moving titles, and heaps of amazing transistions. Works like a dream on XP.
www.just-edit.com

Before you sell your PC software, I'd wait for AMD new Opteron cpu (clawhammer and sledge hammer) which is about to be released...should make PC users wonder if they need the dsp power of a HD system. I could dig up a link if you like...sounds awesome...and I've been Intel a long time.

http://www.hightekpc.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&re q=viewarticle&artid=27&pa ge=1

It will thrash Intel AND 970

Another annoying thing for Mac users is the fact that despite Apple now providing the latest and greater DVD burner from Sony (DRU500A)...it is somehow crippled by Apple because they won't let you burn DVD+R/RW...just DVD-R

Theres no stopping the march of the ever more powerful PC...Mac is lagging with an old cpu and only rumours of going to IBM970