View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Use Pro Tools to render effects without a professional audio interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Anything can be a mastering tool if your listening environment gives you 100% what you need to hear, as I said.

But usually mastering is done with analog gear. And if you master in the box, the plugins are the very best, such as Massenburg EQ etc.

The best mastering tool however is the ears of the mastering engineer. Someone who has the guts to say this material does not need any processing.
Yes, totally right.

I was talking with a friend today and he mentioned that "since most people listen to music nowadays on cellphone audio-jack output or laptop audio-jack output like macbook pro's headphone out, maybe it's also good that we just use macbook's audio device as Pro Tools's audio device and use a monitor class headphone as refernce to do the master, this MAYBE more close to the reality or the real scene of how most people listen to music, and any small adjustments, if you don't hear them people won't hear them then it's meaningless."

Does this make sense? I think if people use a professional high-end audio interface to listen then this way would not work at all, but the advantage may be it's closer to how the majority people who listens music?