View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack outputs not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by voma79 View Post
The eleven rack is selected as the playback engine but I haven't tried holding the "N" key upon startup. I will try in just a bit
That just is a shortcut to change the playback engine, if you are sure its set to the Eleven Rack, then there is no need to do this.

Quote:
/snip/
I have tried to use the eleven L and eleven R inputs as the track input and even tried the guitar in and tried with a phantom powered microphone through the XLR preamp, while switching to the appropriate track input.
This worries me a bit, not sure why you ar tryign this specific mono rig input. The default rig input would be "Eleven Rig L/R Stereo" to a wet stereo audio track. And "guitar in" to a dry mono audio track. Creating a new session using the Eleven Rack session templates should do all this for you.

The dry guitar in will be at very low level, you will barely see/hear that without a guitar amp plugin on the track.

What I am not seeing you say is that you checked the guitar rig input is coming from the guitar. That is a critical important step that folks get wrong. It should be defaulting to "guitar in" but double check this in the Eleven Rack GUI window in Pro Tools.... the pulldown in the top left part of the Eleven Rack GUI window should say "Rig Input> Guitar".

Just start with a new session from one of the Eleven rack template session and make sure the "E. Guitar" track is record armed, input is from "Eleven Rig L/R (Stereo)" and that the right input is set to "Guitar" and the guitar is connected to the Eleven Rack guitar input. And just play something on the guitar... do you hear anything? Do you see any meter movement in Pro Tools even if you can't hear anything? And especially confirm that the track is record armed.

Quote:
I guess my next step is to delete my prefs and databases, then I will uninstall the eleven rack drivers and then reinstall them.
I'm not familiar with the control-k input output monitoring only portion so I will try that as well.
Then if all this doesn't work I will uninstall the 2 programs I just bought from Tiger Direct as maybe they are interfering with something. I think this maybe the case because when not USB into the computer I have a perfectly working eleven rack. Then when the USB is plugged in I can use it as my audio device for playing programs like iTunes through my studio monitors.

The problem only occurred when I'm USB plugged in and trying to play/record or monitor any sound inside Protools itself.
And it all seems to have started when I "tuned up" my pc with those 2 programs, so obviously it must be one of those programs blocking or changing something.
What do you guys think?
Thanks for all the advice

Brian
I actually doubt it was the "clean up" software etc. unless it screwed with the driver. (why I suggested uninstalling and reinstalling that). Make sure you do this properly with the Eleven Rack disconnected, an old fashioned manual driver install, never let plug and play try to screw with this.

You already have lots of things to try, and hopefully I clarified more above. Do all and everything I suggested and post clear replies on each one describing what happened. Also try running through them all a second time, especially try trashing prefs and databases between doing some of the other steps.

Darryl