View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Eleven rack outputs not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by voma79 View Post
So my beloved eleven rack apparently has issues, or i do. Anyway, pro tools opens up and works fine and I can use an instrument track like addictive drums, to play an instrument an see it in all the track and master track levels. So Protools is "seeing the source." Now when I plug into the input, xlr or true z, they only register full input juice, as in the levels are yellow and red. Even once those inputs are unplugged they still read full juice on the meters.
Now another issue is that my monitors keeping "popping" every once in a while but still register our output no audio the eleven rack is "seeing."

Also when Protools is not opened, I am able to use my eleven rack with iTunes and it plays audio through my same Protools monitors.

So I'm not sure if I am missing something here or just have something's set up wrong.
I just had some new antivirus and pc tune up programs installed and I freed up an incredible amount of storage space on the hard drive.

Does anyone have any idea where I am going wrong here?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Brian
Not sure I follow what exactly is the problem? Meters being stuck on full scale is surely not your main problem. But from the rest of the description the main problem is you can't hear (and/or record?) any signal through the rig from a guitar ?

Simplify everything and get things workign stand alone first. if that works OK let us know.

Unplug the Eleven Rack from the computer. Power Cycle the ER. Use the front panel menu to make sure the rig input is set to "guitar in". Can you now hear the guitar playing through the rig? if not try a reset on the Eleven Rack (will erase any presets) using the front panel menu. Does that now work?

What guitar are you using? What pickups? It should be going only into the Front panel 1/4" input. What exact monitors/amp/speakers are connected to what exact outputs on the Eleven Rack?

What version of Pro Tools? What playback engine is selected?

Was everything working perfectly OK until you ran some system utilities/antivirus software? If so roll back to the backup/image you surely made before doing that brain surgery. What exact utiltiies did you run? What Windows version?

If you hear stuff stand-alone connect to the USB cable and start up Pro Tools. What happens now? (record enable the track but don't run record on the transport, can you hear stuff? When you engage record/play on the transport do you still hear stuff).