View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Apogee HD-X card............?

Quote:
I haven't done any A/B testing between them but I personally doubt the apogee convertor will be "SO MUCH BETTER" than the 192.
That is just "PERSONALLY"
Quote:
Unless you do mastering I think a decent converter, like the 192, is good enough.
"Good Enough" is never good enough for me.
Quote:
I would spend my extra money on pres or comps...but thats just me...
I already have top of the line Pre Amps,, and Compressors
Quote:
ps. Unless the apogee conversion is indeed "way better" than the Digi one...
I guarentee,,, it is "THAT" much better !!!!!! You should trust something that "specializes" in it's ONE THING...
Even in my earlier systems (Mix Plus with extra Farm Cards) , I used Apogee converters to make the incoming signal digital AES 24 bit(at any givin' sample rate, depending on session at time) before it got to Digi interfaces,, then all Digi interface had to do was take it(not do a damn thing to it) and put it in my session, because it was already converted. And I noticed a difference then,, way better quality... So now that they got that HD Card,, there will be no "to the interface",, it's just gunna go straight in, being converted by the still and always superior than Digi , APOGEE !!!!!.............
Now DIGI on the other hand is the BEST and always SUPERIOR than ANY OTHER in a Music Recording Software/ Platform. Aka --ProTools,, man that is the BADDEST, BEST program in the world !!!! F#UCK emagic Logic, Digital Performer, LameBase, and FruityLoops(jeeez, the name says it all).... Tried them ALL,,,,, they all suck !!!(and I gave 'em each a good 6 months of trying,,, wanting to like 'em),, NOPE,,,, I couldn't....... Why???...... PRO TOOLS is the best.....