View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 11:23 AM

Default More Latency...wtf??

so, before everything...

Late 2013 iMac OSX 10.10.5 PT 11.3.1 Apollo Twin duo Thunderbolt

ok...

buffer setting set to 64, delay compensation is ON:
i record (as i have since pro tools 5 lol) mic input on a bus, out to an audio track.
NO LATENCY in headphones during recording...playback?? 100ms of latency....EVERYTIME.

buffer setting set to 64, delay compensation OFF:
i record (as i have since pro tools 5 lol) mic input on a bus, out to an audio track.
NO LATENCY in headphones during recording...playback?? NO LATENCY!! I drag it down to its proper track, say its a punch in, THE SURROUNDING AUDIO REGIONS are out of time/sync...however, the newly recorded take is in time/sync....WTF??

i've found it easier to record with delay compensation ON, and just nudge the audio, but this is NOT how it should be. Hell, with PT 10 I had ZERO issues with this workflow...why now??

yes, i have plug ins on inserts of the (Audio) tracks i move the recorded audio onto...i've ALWAYS done this..

NO, I'm not using UAD delay heavy plugins, in fact, pro tools shows 0 delay issues..I'm using SLATE for this session...NO, not the VTM...but VMR...

I've even removed all plug ins from the aux track, as well as the audio track which is ARMed...same problem..so it's not plug in induced.

YES, the output is going straight to the master outs...NO there is nothing on my master fader...

this is driving me nuts...please help...