View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 09:39 AM

Default Re: How likely are you to recommend Avid to others?

Very well written and expressed. (I've been with them since it was 2 x apps . . . Sound Tools/Sound Designer.)
However I'm assuming your scale is only running from 0 > +10.
My scale would go from -10 < 0 > +10.
and I would give them a -10 for how they've reacted this year to all these critical bugs, such as Mixer-Bit-Depth, Tab-To-Transient, OS folder navigation, etc etc.
My money will not be spent with this company again, or until they release something that's truly worth it, rather than this "forced yearly payment" model - either the subscription or the annual fee to simply stay in the "bugfix update" lane for permanent license holders.
The current model makes it more worth it for them to not fix anything, as users will panic into thinking they need to keep up their payment in the hope of some day receiving an actual bug-free version (while the company actually does nothing).
Ya. Keep dreaming.
My last $399 payment to stay in the update channel got me nothing useable, with zero information on how these bug-ridden releases are being addressed. The 2021.3.0 release even got deleted by Avid from the older download archives because it was so bad and unusable (I don't recall that ever happening before in the entire history of Digidesign/Avid)

So, all I got for $399 was a floating pop-up qwerty virtual MIDI keyboard (that doesn't even grey-out the A-Z command-key focus indicator when enabled). I can buy a small physical MIDI keyboard from M-Audio for $59.

I will simply never buy any of Avid's hardware or interfaces again, all of which are never thought-out properly and contain major design flaws.
Companies like Focusrite are showing the way with their Red Range. https://pro.focusrite.com/category/audio-interfaces

My money will go with them.

Last edited by Tweakhead; 06-15-2021 at 10:27 AM.