View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Control 24 dead fader bank

That actually happened to me minus the whole bank on the same fader.
So I opened up the Control24 and removed the fader checked to see what was happening then plugged it back in . IT WORKED .
BUT
I put it all back together and it didnt . then it did then it didnt .
So it was obviously a intermittent problem. It actually always worked for everything other that moving faders. So
I took it apart again because I thought if it didnt work I would swap it with 24 .
But then 24 didnt work ? so I through great its not the fader but something else in the C24. So
I put everything back agian then it worked. Then it didnt .
Then I finally decided to order some new faders !!!! good thing they still made or stocked them.

While waiting for my new faders I swapped the wonky fader into the first one it worked in the first slot and the first one worked in the problem slot.

I didn't give it much hope I fully expected it to not work again when I turned it on the next day. WELL IT DID

Long story short it still works almost 1 year later and I have 2 brand new faders I have never even installed!!!!!
Total piss off at first but hey at least it works even if I did waist $250 for nothing . The saying it just needs some TLC was true for me .
I think it just wanted to have its underbelly tickled .
Now I feel cheap and used and I want a shower