View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Video Window says "No Movie Present" when a video is present

I use ProTools a lot at work and currently using it a lot with video as i'm doing some voice over projects. I have saved an export preset in Premiere CS4 purely for importing into ProTools. This preset has very low video quality and high audio quality. (.wmv)

For the last few weeks, I have had no problems with video playback in ProTools (except for a little bit of lagging). However the videos have only been very short.

Today I try and import a 6.5 minutes video (29MB) into ProTools using the exact same preset and I get the "No Movie Present" error in the preview box. Annoying!. I try splitting the video into 1 minute sections and hey presto, the video plays. The only problem with that is I can only import one video into ProTools so I'll just have to mix one section at a time. (unless there are some settings I can change for this).

So, I suggest just try shortening the length of your video, or importing your video in shorter sections. Not the most perfect solution I know, but it worked for me.