View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools M1 support - dec 27th (beta)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Avid can do no right. If they don't release a public beta in December they're dragging their feet. If they do, regardless of how successful that release is, they're not doing enough. This forum would benefit from an ignore feature.

Personally, I'm excited to see this. Though I wonder how they will handle the presence of so many non-Native plugins. Will the plugins run in a shell which allows Native and non-Native to coexist? Will the presence of any non-Native plugins force us to run PT under Rosetta?

It will take a very long time for *all* of my plugins to make the Native update so I hope they've worked this out somehow.
Respectfully disagree. Avid CAN do right: Start acting like the most expensive DAW on the planet that it is, and lead the industry in customer care, performance, and innovation, instead of following woefully behind year after year. This would make me a proud AVID customer.

What plugins AREN'T m1 compatible at this point? Been a looong time since M1 come out. Fab, Valhalla, Acoustica, Native Instruments, Arturia, Softube, Output, Spectrasonics, iZotope, Eventide, (Waves and Soundtoys have AU's and VST's out already, with AAX's soon to follow upon PT release.)

Anything that isn't compatible at this point is by definition more behind the ball than AVID, and should probably be zapped off your hard drive for that reason alone lol. Or if you insist, Use Blue Cat Patchwork (M1 compatible) for your older plugins.