View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Default Eleven Rack Impedance and Live Setup help (New Here)

I just bought the Eleven Rack... I really want to make this work. I have a QSC K12 and a Radial JDV.
Question 1.
A non-avid tech rep told me of I go amp out of the Eleven Rack to input of the QSC or Radial I do not have the correct impedance. He said I must use the Main outputs on the Eleven Rack to the line inputs on the QSC. He suggest using an XLR to 1/4' cable going to the QSC and said if I go XLR to XLR I may activate the Mic preamp section of the QSC and the signal would be too hot, but isn't that what the Mic/line switch is for on the QSC?
But if I go this route I would have to use the outputs on the QSC to go to the house and not use the Radial JDV. So to some things up do I use an XLR to XLR cable or an XLR to 1/4" as suggested and ditch the Radial?

Question 2.
I really wanted to use a Damage Control unit last so the Eleven Rack was getting a nice tube buffer at the end before going to the Radial JDV... I really am not sure what the best option would be at this point or if it will work do to the above question...

Thanks for the help!!