View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:11 AM

Default Post for GREAT - Utilities - Easing Workflows

1) Menu Master

This application works nice although it is still in Beta form on Leopard - The Tiger version is 100% compatible.

All you gotta do is select the Menu Item like you would normally do - but right b4 you let the mouse button go you hit any key combo you'd like and now that is the short key for this operation.

The app is called MenuMaster Tiger and with it you can assign any key combo to any menu item. You can even create specific key combo sets for individual applications.

The BETA version for Leopard can be downloaded by clicking this link.

2) Default Folder X

This app will ALWAYS snap to individual folders of your choice when the open/save dialog appears...

It is very time saving NOT having to navigate all the time... You've gotta try it and you can demo it here:

Default Folder X

3)MacJournal

This app is the bomb - I use it to write Lyrics. I can store/record any audio/video file and keep it attached to the lyrics. That way I dont need two or more applications open when I write songs and practice to perform them.

You can demo it here: MacJournal

4)Music Math

This neat little FREE app does all kinds of great conversions. My favorite is the Notes to Freq. conversion

The application can be downloaded here : Music Math 4

5)You Control

This application lets you do a whole lot of things with Mac OS X Menubar. You can add an itunes controller or multiple clip board function etc. My Favorite is that I can make ANY folder location anywhere on my Mac appear as a drop down menu in the OS Menu Bar. Very useful tool.

You can try it here: You Software | You Control

This company offers many other useful gadgets.

6)QuicKeys

This app - takes some time to program but it extremely time saving in that you can turn routine actions into a single keystroke. Check it out here : QuicKeys

7)Fruit Menu

This app lets you completely customize you Apple Menu and you Context menus. You can make sets so that the Apple menu changes depending on which application is active. VERY useful tool

Tiger version : Fruit Menu Tiger

Leopard BETA (Works good) : Fruit Menu Leopard BETA

May I take a moment to suggest that you check out the other products which Unsanity are offering - they are really time saving.

So - the reason to making this post is for YOU other guys to list your favorite utility applications so that others may benefit and SAVE time.