View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 05:20 PM

Default Re: BFD 3 & InMusic & fxpansion help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicMan View Post
Not sure what's wrong with you, but the adult response is "thank you for the information". The reason being, neither I nor the rest of the world actually care about you or your problems. If you never had anything to do with music again, there isn't one person on earth who would be bothered. For those who want support, I've supplied multiple ways to get it. If you don't, nobody cares.
You only have 9 posts. Maybe you’ve been around, maybe you’re new.

In my case, my ID is so old I used my actual name. Imagine!

InMusic has been BRUTAL with anything that I’ve had the unfortunate opportunity to have to interact with them about. In particular, the whole Avid/Air Instruments thing is a big stupid mess, has been for a while.

Fxpansion used to be 100% amazing for me. This goes back to participating in VST2RTAS beta testing with Angus running it. Responsive, knowledgeable, and helpful.

In my recent migration experience, I already felt it weird when... Japanese came up in the migration page. Japanese! Why? It’s not for me. Use it when Japanese-speaking people need it. But fine, I’ll just click through. Then no coupon for the free expansion pack (in fact, the link to purchase didn’t even work - works now, but still no coupon). No v3.4 of BFD either, not in my account to directly download and not through their new license manager. E-mailing the support e-mail you suggested yields a boilerplate robot response some days later; a couple of business days later, after my immediate response indicating their canned answer addressed zero of the issues, no reply.

So... sure, there are “official channels”. What’s sad is the terrible events of the migration. But hey, there will be growing pains with anything, right? So make sure your official support channels know their rear end from their elbow... which they apparently don’t. And so, as of today, a week or so later and it’s FUBAR. At least my software still works but I’d like my free expansion pack and updated software as promised, and I don’t think owners need to have to chase after the company - official channels or otherwise - to get what they were promised.

Maybe some people had it go smoothly. Evidently I’m not the only one with a different, sub-par experience, and unfortunately that is ON-par with InMusic as far as I’m concerned.