View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Can't Hear Hardware insert- Please Help! IO Pics and Video inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Thoughts on this:
1-Hardware inserts MUST use matching IO. This means, if outputs 5&6 feed the SPX, it must come back in on inputs 5&6.
Thanks

I have made sure the outputs and inputs are matching thanks.

On the Quantum Pro tools sees the driver as the main outs being outputs 1 and 2 so I did what that guy on the forum suggested and used the outputs 5 and 6 instead of 7 and 8 so they appear to PT as using the same number IO

Quote:
2-IO used for hardware inserts PROBABLY should be removed/deleted from the input and output tabs(not sure as I do not use hardware inserts).
3-If the SPX has SPDIF IO, that would probably be a better choice all around(but do get it working on analog first). SPDIF would side-step a round-trip set of conversion.
The SPX does not have SPDIF mate....But I still want to use my SPX as I enjoy some of the FX like Bamboo Room etc...

Quote:
4-Depending on what you are using the SPX for, it might make more sense to simply send to it, and return it to a separate stereo AUX or AUDIO track(do this for reverb/delay type FX). That would not require any routing config beyond assigning a send to a pair of physical outputs. An AUDIO track set to Input Monitoring will act like an AUX track, but you can easily record the SPX return so it is rendered in the session(would seem a good idea, at least for archiving).

BTW, anything in your IO setup shown in italics is not a valid path and should be deleted/removed or corrected

Ok cheers mate I'll have a look at how to create a send instead. Thanks for the input
Martin D15-M/Gibson SG Bass/ 1972 fender Musicmaster Bass/ 1972 Hayman Drums /Vox,Fender Amps/Roland F130R