View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Let's clear the air, folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
This is all wrong except the last sentence. In fact everything prior to the last sentence would negate the truth of the last sentence if they were true. Perception is not reality. I can perceive that my girlfriend is in love with me and would never do anything to cause me harm. That doesn't lend to any truths, as we all should know.
Well thats just not correct. Your example is not valid. I am talking epistemology, you are talking statistical philosophy. Which in philosophy can be a dangerous road to go down.

Such as, imagine a lottery with a billion tickets. Only one will win. You can pick up each and every ticket and say this ticket is not a winner, this ticket is not a winner, this ticket is not a winner, so on and so forth. And for each ticket you have loads of statistical evidence that you are right.... however you are wrong, and one of those tickets is in fact a winner.

But anyway, I promised DTS I would try and keep my posts out of the weeds, so if you would like to discuss this further please email me, or we can take it to the General Section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
Let's leave the philosophy to the philosophers.
You're talkin' to one I'm currently in the process of writing a book on political, social, and general philosophy.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio