View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 06:49 PM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

Angry rant over. I think I know why this is happening with regards to RX connect.....

After some more digging, I've found that my session was corrupted when I accidentally flew in an audio file from RX and the render was performed at the beginning of my timeline, :00:00:00:00. No big deal right? It was a slip of the hand, the dreaded "y" key to fly audio to the beginning of the timeline. (What a useless hot key-maybe think of changing THAT one next time you guys roll out a new version...)

SO, the file was timestamped some how with this timecode 23:59:58;06 (screen shot attached).

Another of the tip offs I ran into....which I did not screen shot, was an error when trying to save a copy of the session. It wouldn't allow it..... So, I closed the session, re-opened and of course, discover this error has occurred again. Same symptoms, smaller session file back ups, etc.

The difference this time is that I remember when I rendered the file from RX, it was mistakenly at the top of my timeline. This file corrupted my clip bin from 3:51 today until I closed the session at 5:41. Lost all of that work....

OK, so where do we go from here? Somehow, files that are rendered via RX connect are mistakenly getting stamped with timecode outside of the bounds of the session. Avid-you need stop this from happening-OR figure out how to throw up an error so that when it does happen, the session is not destroyed.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 6.45.42 PM.png (30.3 KB, 0 views)